Add one of the below per 60ml of liquid.
Nic salts are derived from the natural nicotine salts found in tobacco plants, these salts are made up of positively charged ionized nicotine molecules bound to negatively charged organic conjugates. Freebase nicotine, as found in the ‘traditional’ eliquids we are used to, is a result of extracting these salts from tobacco plants and using ammonia to increase the pH level, returning the nicotine to a neutrally charged freebase state.
Nicotine salts aim to replicate the same nicotine hit that is provided by smoking a cigarette, as the nicotine salts are absorbed into your bloodstream much faster than the freebase nicotine found in ‘traditional’ eliquids on the market, meaning that a nicotine hit is felt quicker from inhaling vaporized eliquid containing nicotine salts.
Nicotine Salts Pros:
- Can be used at lower power levels
- Can be used with starter kits
- Quicker nic hit
- Smoother throat hit than the equivalent nicotine strength freebase E-liquid
- More efficient E-liquid use
- Longer shelf life of liquid
Nicotine Salts Cons:
- More expensive
- Doubt over ingredient – Benzoic Acid
- Restricted range of flavours
- Can’t generally use with sub ohm equipment
- Some MTL equipment really struggles with this giving dry hits.